Nostalgic Memories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostagic Memories Studio MEP Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc

Go down 
+2
EarthsAngel767
harrypotterfangurl07
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Empty
PostSubject: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:27 pm

I have personally been waiting forever for this movie to come out since Rapunzel was one of my favorite bedtime stories as a child (my mom used to read it to me and brush my hair at the same time) XD Anyways, this is also my background on my channel, but to get to the point, disney is finally coming out with a movie about Rapunzel, and I just wanted to share my joy and eccstatic feelings with you. If you have any other Disney news about things coming up like new additional rides to the theme parks, new movies, new games, recent deaths (sadly the original voice of cinderella passed) or just want to post your favorite disney movie trailers or scenes, post them here. I just wanted to share this with you!!! I introduce the latest upcoming Disney CGI princess movie: Tangled!!!!

(Coming this Fall!!!!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EarthsAngel767

EarthsAngel767

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm so looking forward to this movie too! Though, I was a bit skeptical when I heard they changed the title to "Tangled" just because they think little boys won't see it, though, I can tell it is different from the original story by the trailer, so I'm okay with the name change now XD
Back to top Go down
DragonofthePen

DragonofthePen

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:19 am

FLYNN. NAMED FOR ERROL FLYNN, INFAMOUS ROBIN HOOD.
I am a nerd.
I like this for the facial expressions.

that is all.

...so far.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DragonofthePen
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:01 am

yeah, I totally love when the horse breaks out into laughter at the end XD That scene left me ROFL hysterically for about half an hour. It was one of those things where if I thought about it, I couldn't stop laughing.
Back to top Go down
MimiMuffinz
Admin
MimiMuffinz

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:06 am

I'm still pissed off that they didn't make it 2D!
I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS; NOW I CAN'T VID WITH THEM >( Stoopid Disney Company Dx

But the movie itself looks good ^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMuffinz
EarthsAngel767

EarthsAngel767

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:56 am

Yeah, I know! It pisses me off too, because they SAID that it was going to be in 2D DX
Back to top Go down
MimiMuffinz
Admin
MimiMuffinz

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:57 am

Exactly! I was thinking "Oh, this'll be great!" And I started thinking of crossovers I could do....
But no. Augh!
Back to top Go down
EarthsAngel767

EarthsAngel767

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:28 am

I hate when people change their ideas >.< Stick to what you told us! We would love you better for it!

Oh! Did you guys know about the movie "The Snow Queen" that they are working on? It's another book by Hans Christian Andersen. I hear it will be hand drawn and I wonder how they will change it from the book? (Haven't read the book, but I read a summary for it XD) Wiki says it'll be a 2013 movie.

Last edited by EarthsAngel767 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
Back to top Go down
MimiMuffinz
Admin
MimiMuffinz

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:33 am

Hand drawn?
Yess. I'm down with that. What's the story about?
Back to top Go down
EarthsAngel767

EarthsAngel767

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:53 am

That's what it said.

Well, it's about a little girl going after her friend who was kidnapped by the Snow Queen and there's a magic mirror made by a troll (who's supposed to actually be the devil)- Um, okay, I'm bad at summarizing, I'll just give you the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Snow_Queen
Back to top Go down
DragonofthePen

DragonofthePen

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:28 pm

I heard the Snow Queen got canceled in exchange for (of all things) the Elf King. :\ also 2D, but...augh. the storyline. wry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DragonofthePen
EarthsAngel767

EarthsAngel767

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Awe, I didn't hear that =[ I rather like the idea of The Snow Queen, its something different.
Back to top Go down
Iris

Iris

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:42 pm

LOVE IT! It looks fun and really pretty. Interesting they made him into a thief rather than a prince. ^^
Back to top Go down
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:05 pm

omg, yes I too was disappointed they weren't doing it in 2D!!!! I had the pictures and everything!!! I love this fairytale!!! But regardless, I'm still very excited about this!

Here's one of my favorite pictures they did in 2D: (I loved it so much I made it the background for my youtube channel) Very Happy

http://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/rapunzel.jpg
Back to top Go down
EarthsAngel767

EarthsAngel767

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:32 pm

harrypotterfangurl07 wrote:
omg, yes I too was disappointed they weren't doing it in 2D!!!! I had the pictures and everything!!! I love this fairytale!!! But regardless, I'm still very excited about this!

Here's one of my favorite pictures they did in 2D: (I loved it so much I made it the background for my youtube channel) Very Happy

http://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/rapunzel.jpg

Now, I really don't get why they didn't stick with that. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
DannyPhantomSG1

DannyPhantomSG1

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Well, Disney said in 2004 that they would never make 2D again. When John Lasseter (my HEROOO) took over the animation department, though, he decided they should give traditional animation another try with Princess and the Frog. Very Happy

They stopped doing 2D after almost all of their movies from the early 2000's (Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Brother Bear, *shudders* Home on the Range, etc...) totally flopped at the box office, and then they looked to Pixar and the other CGI companies making money. So they assumed that the world just didn't like traditional animation anymore and that it was obsolete compared to CGI. Sad

So....since PatF performed pretty well at the box office, Disney has said they're going to experiment some more and try to reincorporate 2D into their work. They said they'd release a traditionally animated film every two years (so the next one will be in 2011). Unfortunately, their next "big project" is Winnie The Pooh. If they're looking for a box office hit to prove that 2D can still do well and people appreciate it...I personally don't think that was the best way to go. But whatever. Razz

So I think they're still wary of 2D, not to mention computer technology has come so far that it's actually more efficient and faster to make a CGI film rather than hand-drawing every single frame of the movie.

But, yeah...I prefer traditional animation, too.
Back to top Go down
Iris

Iris

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:09 pm

Quote :
Unfortunately, their next "big project" is Winnie The Pooh. If they're looking for a box office hit to prove that 2D can still do well and people appreciate it...I personally don't think that was the best way to go. But whatever.

They're making another Winnie the Pooh movie?! They do not need to make another Winnie the Pooh Movie. Compared to it's puppet show, its cgi show, it's 2d animated show, and plus it's 2d animated movies. I don't think we need anymore of him : No
Back to top Go down
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:56 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo~~~~~~!!!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
DannyPhantomSG1

DannyPhantomSG1

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:41 pm

I'm not 100% certain on it, but Winnie The Pooh was what I'd heard. Plus, on my favorite animator's page on imdb, it says he's supervising Tigger...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0215152/

So yeah. -_- Not thrilled.
Back to top Go down
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:31 pm

I'm dying a bit on the inside. >.<
Back to top Go down
EarthsAngel767

EarthsAngel767

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Sad Mad Why don't they realize that Winnie the Pooh is over done and stupid and all the same and blah, blah, blah, blah? I've always hated him. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
MimiMuffinz
Admin
MimiMuffinz

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:05 pm

....but I love Winnie the Pooh *shot*

Yeah, not a good choice to bring 2D back, though. It has a few movies; we're good there xD

I think we need a Japanese Disney princess.
...DISNEY'S GODZILLA ANYONE?? XD *shot again*

BUT, in all seriousness; maybe they could try doing some fairytales like Snow White or *cough*Rapunzel*cough* I'd suggest some, but I don't own a fairytale book or anything =(
Back to top Go down
EarthsAngel767

EarthsAngel767

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:14 pm

MimiMuffinz wrote:
....but I love Winnie the Pooh *shot*

Yeah, not a good choice to bring 2D back, though. It has a few movies; we're good there xD

I think we need a Japanese Disney princess.
...DISNEY'S GODZILLA ANYONE?? XD *shot again*

BUT, in all seriousness; maybe they could try doing some fairytales like Snow White or *cough*Rapunzel*cough* I'd suggest some, but I don't own a fairytale book or anything =(

I would LOVE for them to do a Japanese Princess! (I would soooo change my character to her XD) Disney Godzilla actually sounds awesome XD I think there are still some fairy tales that they haven't done yet, like "Rumpelstiltskin," and um... Well, anyway, they should do "The Snow Queen" like they said they would -_- And I can't think of anything else XD They could do a Disney version of Romeo and Juliet? (Besides the sequel Lion King movie XD)
Back to top Go down
MimiMuffinz
Admin
MimiMuffinz

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Ahaha, Disney would make Godzilla amazing xD And I like the Romeo and Juliet idea, but it'd be too depressing for kids. And if Disney changed it to be a happy ending, everyone else would freak out (like me)

Did they do Hansel and Gretle yet? We could really use more kids to work with....
Back to top Go down
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:28 pm

lol. I would LOVE to see a disney version of Romeo and Juliet!!!!! hmmm, some other ones I'd like to see would have to be the story of Cleopatra, the princess and the pea (even though there's a version out there already, I think), My fair lady (based on pygmalion) but they could exchange a girl learning to be a princess vs a flower girl, and one of my personal favorites; the paper bag princess. and omg, a japanese disney princess would be amazing. The could do that story, the tale of the bamboo cutter, about the moon princess that came to earth as a baby through a bamboo stock, and about how she becomes involved with the emporer only to find out she is the princess of the moon and has to leave.

If you want to read the whole story here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tale_of_the_Bamboo_Cutter

But I think Disney should leave behind Winnie the Pooh and focus on making some new princesses. They have the abilities, I mean look at how Tiana turned out, she was a character we grew to love and cheer for. Obviously there's still someone who knows how to do things the way Walt Disney used to do them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc   Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disney news; upcoming movies, games, rides, etc
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next