Nostalgic Memories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostagic Memories Studio MEP Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All time favorite Disney Songs :D

Go down 
+5
DannyPhantomSG1
MimiMuffinz
DragonofthePen
Hebba
harrypotterfangurl07
9 posters
AuthorMessage
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

All time favorite Disney Songs :D Empty
PostSubject: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:06 pm

It was bound to come up sooner or later Very Happy I love the music in disney and non disney movies, almost more than I love the characters. So I figured we could discuss some of our favorites.

For example, my favorite song sung by a heroine in a disney movie is: (this was my favorite as a child and I loved singing it) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hebba

Hebba

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:23 pm

My all time favorite Disney Song is my country´s version (Iceland/Icelandic) "Part of that world" from The little mermaid Very Happy I just love her voice here!

Back to top Go down
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:52 pm

ohhhh that's SO PRETTY. I love her voice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DragonofthePen

DragonofthePen

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:07 pm

I'm a retro/alternate language freak myself, so I really love this version of "I Bring You a Song {Looking for Romance}" from Bambi.
His voice is pure, and unbelievably perfect. To me, at least. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DragonofthePen
MimiMuffinz
Admin
MimiMuffinz

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Well, I absolutely LOVE "Savages" from Pocahonas. OMG it's so powerful! I also like Part of Your World (mostly the reprise), The Bells of Notre Dame and The Bare Necessities <3

But I really love the Italian version of I Won't Say....I can sing most of it (the muses' parts are confusing). If I wasn't such a huge Susan Egan fan, I'd say I liked it better than English.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMuffinz
DannyPhantomSG1

DannyPhantomSG1

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:52 pm

Wow, the Italian version is really gorgeous! The only other language of that song I had heard (besides English, hehe) was Latin American Spanish (because I know that language, hah!), and I personally did NOT like it at all. -_- But the Italians did well! Very Happy Though I love Susan Egan, too, so...can't say I prefer it, but it's the second best I've heard. XD

My all time favorite Disney song ever in the whole wide world is "Go the Distance" from Hercules. But with the reprise. The version on the Disney CD I have only goes up until the point where he's in Zeus's temple, so it always leaves me feeling empty without the triumphant long last note. *sigh*

But yeah. That song is like my anthem. <3 It's my favorite SONG ever, not just Disney song, though it is tied with "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. I'm a sucker for inspirational songs.
Back to top Go down
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:57 pm

I love Go the distance!!! Its my altime favorite song a disney hero sings. But I also love that song in italian sung by meg!!!! Never heard it before, and its so good! I also am a big fan of "savages" from pocahontas. I find all the music in pocahontas to be amazing Very Happy But one of my favorite chorus numbers is the mob song from Beauty and the Beast.

Back to top Go down
Iris

Iris

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:10 pm

I have way to many songs to list!!!! Way too many. I'll try (in no particular order...and I added some non disney in there too, sorry.)

1. He Lives in You (Lion King)
2. Great Spirits (Brother Bear)
3. Colors of the Wind (Pocahontas)
4. Where Do I Go From Here (Pocahontas 2)
5. That's How You Know (Enchanted)
6. So Close (Enchanted)
7. Part of Your World (Little Mermaid)
8. Under The Sea (Little Mermaid)
9. Here in My Heart (Tarzan)
10. Two Worlds (Tarzan)
11. Why Should I Worry (Oliver and Company)
12. Once Upon A December (Anastasia)
13. Journey to the Past (Anastasia)
14. At the Beginning (Anastasia)
15. Won't Say I'm In Love (Hercules)
16. A Star is Born (Hercules)
17. We Are One (Lion King 2)
18. Love Will Find Away (Lion Ling 2)
19. Be Prepared (Lion King 2)
20. Circle of Life (Lion King)
21. A Wish is a Dream You're Heart Makes (not so much the movie version)
22. Someday My Prince Will Come (not so much the movie version)
23. Kiss the Girl (Little Mermaid)
24. For A Moment (Little Mermaid 2)
25. The Last Unicorn (The Last Unicorn)
26. Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
27. One Jump Ahead (Aladdin)
28. A Whole New World (Aladdin-though I'm not that crazy about it)
29. I Stand Alone (Quest for Camelot)
30. Reflection (Mulan)
31. I'll Make A Man out of You (Mulan)
32. True to Your Heart (Mulan)
33. Mulan's Decision (score) (Mulan)
34. Zero to Hero (Hercules)
35. Deliver Us (Prince of Egypt)
36. The Plagues (Princ of Egypt)

Sorry, but that's all I can remember right now.
XD

Back to top Go down
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:49 pm

I love enchanted!!!! Alan Menken is by far one of my favorite theatre composers Very Happy

Favorite song sung by a villain????

(Love this song, I think Stephen Schwartz is an AMAZING composer. Frollo in my opinion is one of the most evil villains Disney has ever created, I mean he burns down a whole city looking for one woman!?!)

Back to top Go down
DragonofthePen

DragonofthePen

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:21 pm

harrypotterfangurl07 wrote:
I love enchanted!!!! Alan Menken is by far one of my favorite theatre composers Very Happy

Favorite song sung by a villain????

(Love this song, I think Stephen Schwartz is an AMAZING composer. Frollo in my opinion is one of the most evil villains Disney has ever created, I mean he burns down a whole city looking for one woman!?!)

Favorite villain song of all time. xD
I have to look more into the work of Mr. Schwartz. I love Tony Jay's voice for this song, of course, but I also have a secret passion for this version...

Hebrew. <3

also this: XDD
Back to top Go down
DragonofthePen

DragonofthePen

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:22 pm

and this of course. derp.
Back to top Go down
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Never heard the Jafar one before, and I must say I loved it Very Happy Here's three more of my favorites:

Unfortunate Souls - especially since my broadway teacher said this would be one of the roles I play when I'm older

Mine, Mine, Mine - I love every song in Pocahontas, and I love how this just makes me dance everytime - plus John smith is my disney hero crush Very Happy

Gaston - Jus because he's one of my favorite villains - and I have a big crush on him as a villain
Back to top Go down
MimiMuffinz
Admin
MimiMuffinz

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:42 pm

And now to be completely off topic:

This was supposed to be Meg's song; but they replaced it with "I Won't Say" because a ballad didn't fit her.
THANK GOODNESS BY THE WAY.
I mean it's pretty, but this doesn't sound like Meg at all =/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMuffinz
DragonofthePen

DragonofthePen

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:11 pm

MimiMuffinz wrote:
And now to be completely off topic:

This was supposed to be Meg's song; but they replaced it with "I Won't Say" because a ballad didn't fit her.
THANK GOODNESS BY THE WAY.
I mean it's pretty, but this doesn't sound like Meg at all =/
Sooo glad they didn't choose this. > > it would've slowed the movie down SO much...
Back to top Go down
Iris

Iris

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:50 pm

I also, liked this deleted song from Mulan

Back to top Go down
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:15 am

That's so cool! I had no idea they had songs they didn't use for these!!!! One of my favorite animal disney movies was actually the great mouse detective when I was young (I loved sherlock holmes Very Happy) And I so loved basil of bakerstreet, and especially the little tune ratigan sings XD

Often this song is forgotten about but the Movie "Once upon a forrest" was one of my favorites as a kid, and this song probably was one of the few disney ones that made me cry as a kid.

Another good villain song from Ferngully by Hexxus
Back to top Go down
EarthsAngel767

EarthsAngel767

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:59 am

Oh gosh, it's a song from Aladdin... "One Jump Ahead!" (I think that's what it's called) I LOVE that song! Oh, "Welcome to the Forty Thieves" in the third movie =D I have more from other movies, but right now my brain doesn't want me to think of them lol.
Back to top Go down
Thesilentforce

Thesilentforce

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 8:42 am

My personal favourite of all time is the swedish version of Hellfire. I love Tony Jay, but the swedish singer has a much more powerful voice, I think. I just love it.

The same singer also does the part of Ratcliffe in the swedish dub of Pocahontas:

Back to top Go down
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:23 pm

I love his voice!!!! I love the swedish version too, and I agree he does have a stronger voice than Tony Jay (but I love him) <3

Favorite Friendship/comradery songs?

You Got a Friend in Me - Toy Story

Hakuna Matata - Lion King
Back to top Go down
Hebba

Hebba

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSh5GHOf4o4

and this one! I love Ursula´s voice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EarthsAngel767

EarthsAngel767

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:13 am

Hebba wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSh5GHOf4o4

and this one! I love Ursula´s voice! Very Happy
Oh wow! Her voice is amazing! I love it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vernicii

Vernicii

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:05 am

For me it is definitely this song. Her voice is so sweet <3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All time favorite Disney Songs :D   All time favorite Disney Songs :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All time favorite Disney Songs :D
Page 1 of 1