Nostalgic Memories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostagic Memories Studio MEP Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question???

Go down 
+2
xNightKissx
harrypotterfangurl07
6 posters
AuthorMessage
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

Question??? Empty
PostSubject: Question???   Question??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:47 am

I have a question, I have to ask before i go sleep, so here goes. I was thinking recently there had been a lot of groups sprouting up, which is awesome but at the same time, I'm like darn, they took my idea, lol. I'm not planning on starting a group anytime soon (right before school, YIKES, that'd be a nightmare!) But then I thought to myself, when IS a good time to start a group???? Do you wait until you have a lot of subscribers, do you just get it out there, randomly and hope for the best, how do you customize your own site?

I was thinking of starting my own group like next summer or over a holiday or something, so I thought, well, I'm curious, I might as well ask Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xNightKissx

xNightKissx

Question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question???   Question??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:18 am

Honestly, I have no clue xD
But I think you should wait till you have at least 50 subscribers.
(I only have 16. Poor me v.v)

And that's awsome that you want to start a group! Surprised
Can I join?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EarthsAngel767

EarthsAngel767

Question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question???   Question??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:25 am

I'm actually thinking about starting a group too XD But MUUUUUUCCCCHHHH later XD I'd like to know the rules and such of starting one too :3
Back to top Go down
Iris

Iris

Question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question???   Question??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 3:49 am

Well, in my opinion, you should start one whenever you feel like you have the most time to devote to it. There's nothing more annoying then being in a group that's never active and that even the owners have forgotten about it. So, starting one over the summer would be a great idea. Smile

Though I think customizing your group/site/forum will be the easiest part, it's sparking interest in it that will be the hardest.
Back to top Go down
MimiMuffinz
Admin
MimiMuffinz

Question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question???   Question??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:23 am

I think it should be whenever you have time, cause getting a group running takes quite a while. Don't be like me, and start one 2 months before you go away XD Well, the more subbers, the more people that will see it, but you could ask some friends to advertise for you, so it's not a huge deal.

The forum sites are a sinch Wink You just need to pick a host and they walk you through it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMuffinz
DannyPhantomSG1

DannyPhantomSG1

Question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question???   Question??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:24 pm

Start it when you feel it's needed. That's what I did.

Because so many groups will not let Windows Movie Makers join, I felt that there needed to be somewhere that accepted WMM and only WMM so that 1) I could have a group I *knew* would accept me and 2) I would not be overshadowed by fancy SV program MEP parts in at least one group. ;D Teeeheeee!

My biggest piece of advice in starting a group right now is to give it a theme. Because I'm actually getting sort of annoyed at all the random Non/Disney groups there are. XD I don't know *why* it bothers me, but it just seems like people are starting groups just for the sake of starting their own group. Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that, but I know, from my experience, that I generally pay more attention to groups that have some sort of theme because I remember them better. Just "Non/Disney MEP group" doesn't grab me anymore. If there are other groups you could join that are just like it, there's no point in creating a new one, to me. But this is coming from someone in like...16 or 17 groups, so I've joined my fair share of "unthemed" MEP groups, and many of them are completely awesome. I'm just saying I don't think I would join anymore unless it had a theme that I thought would be fun to work with.

But again, that's just me. Razz And I'm grumpy from like 9 hours of classes today, so...I sound all angry, I'm sure.

It doesn't matter how many subscribers you have, either, I don't think. As long as you have a few friends who will join, you'll be fine. Trust me when I say you don't want *everyone* to know about it and try out because when the word spreads too far, you might get some people trying out that make cool vids, so you let them in, and then they turn out not to be really friendly or helpful to your group. *grumble* Razz

And one last word of advice...

ACCEPT ALL PROGRAMS IN THE AUDITIONS! Very Happy *puppy eyes* Really, though, the ones that are restricted make me sad. I'd be fine if I tried out using WMM and then didn't get in, but to not even have the *opportunity* to try out makes me feel discriminated against just because I don't have the money to buy or the will to download Sony Vegas. *cries*

And I think that is all that grumpy Liv has to say on the subject. *needs a nap*

Back to top Go down
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

Question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question???   Question??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Thanks for all the cool advice. Yeah I'm thinking of starting one next summer or over the christmas holidays. and I will accept all programs, but I think they should be able to do crossovers, and I haven't even thought of how to start it or what to do, all I've been doing is mulling over an idea/theme for the past few days, and praying no one takes it or thinks up the same one, cause I really like it, and know there's enough interest in the subject. I just wanted to know a bit of the facts before I dove into it. Thank you all Very Happy Now I'm so pumped and am starting to think of all the possibilities Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question???   Question??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question???
Page 1 of 1