Nostalgic Memories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostagic Memories Studio MEP Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Masking tips???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
harrypotterfangurl07

harrypotterfangurl07

Masking tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Masking tips???   Masking tips??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:34 am

Hey girls, anyone have some masking tips? When I cut out my characters from the scenes they always look a bit choppy.

For Example:

Is there anyway I could get my masking/cropping of character to be cleaner like this one:
Back to top Go down
ronlover90

ronlover90

Masking tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masking tips???   Masking tips??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:00 pm

well all i can tell you is that you could feather the masking and so it looks a lil blurred around the edges that you cut out and it looks better that way,now i have no i dea on how to do it on your program seeing as we use different ones lol but i'm pretty darn sure that yours can do it to lol Very Happy i hope that helps at all :I
Back to top Go down
Iris

Iris

Masking tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masking tips???   Masking tips??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:56 pm

Um, well for Meg, you can ,most likely than not, chroma key her since she’s often around green and blueish backgrounds, like really solid color backgrounds, which, to me, are like the easiest colors to chroma key. So, I don’t know if those scenes with Meg were actually masked. But, yeah feathering it should work. Most people, I think, feather it using the “Both” option and feathering it about 2%. But, you can also use both masking and chroma keying to get that neater look. Like for Odette. For me, she requires the chroma keyer then the masking tool. So I chroma key her first, get rid of whatever colors I can, then just mask away whatever is left. This is very helpful cause, like, if the top part of the background is gone, like the colors above her head, and what’s left is only the little bits of color at the bottom of the screen, then I don’t have to worry about masking the top of her head, and all I’d have to do is just get rid of those little pieces of colors left. And other times, her eyes, eyebrows, and lips will disappear. So I use the masking tool to fix that. And it’s easy to mask things inside a character, then things outside a character. And I did a lot of this with my Pretty Girl part with Odette. So, sometimes you can use masking and chroma keying to get the neater look and to also make it a little easier and faster. But just for better making, then the feather option should help that. Hope that helped ^^ If you need further explaining, then I’d be happy to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Masking tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masking tips???   Masking tips??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Masking tips???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nostalgic Memories :: Technincal Stuff :: Program Help-
Jump to: